Monday, January 31, 2022

Preparing to Walk in Peace

    Who among us doesn’t like shoes?

    It’s stereotypical for women to like shoes, but we do! We like to be prepared for any occasion with the right pair of shoes! Whenever I am about to travel or make a public presentation, my mind always generates this recurring dream in which I get to my destination and find I only have one shoe and I fall into panic mode... whether that means I’m shoe obsessed or simply unsure of my packing capabilities, I don’t know, all I know for sure is that “missing a shoe” and not being fully prepared is fearful to me!

    God, in His great wisdom and love for us, gives us all we need to be prepared – including shoes!

“…having shod your feet with the 
preparation of the gospel of peace…” 
(Ephesians 6:15 NKJV)

    I have found that this is not a part of the armour that is often talked about, so I want to learn more about this shoes that God has prepared for His people to wear!

    Preparation(Strong’s G2091) means foundation, firm footing, readiness. By this we know that God has provided something that we can wear confidently! These shoes have a sturdy, gripping base that won’t let us down! We can stand for as long as it takes (Ephesians 6:11, 13)! We can go through valleys (2 Corinthians 12:9-10), we can climb mountains (Psalm 18:31-33), we are ready!

    The gospel” (Strong’s G2098) is ‘the good news of Jesus Christ.“Peace” (Strong’s G1515) means ‘one, quietness, peace of mind.’ It carries with it the idea of ‘to join, tie together in a whole, wholeness when all essential parts of joined together.  God is essential. You are essential. You coming to God through Jesus Christ is essential (John 14:6, Romans 6:1-13)! Put them all together and you have peace, being joined with God! You maintain that peace by continuing to learn and grow and humbly obeying God’s commands (Psalm 37:37)!!

    The “gospel of peace” specifically in Ephesians 6:15 expresses ‘the tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lots, of whatsoever lot that is.”

    When we live this way, in peace with God, standing on the firm footing of faith, others will notice the difference! And when they do, we are PREPARED and READY to help them to pursue the same peace, by telling them how we came to have it, by sharing with them the GOSPEL OF PEACE!

“…Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, 
and always be ready to give a defense 
to everyone who asks the reason for the hope 
that is in you, with meekness and fear.” 
(1 Peter 3:15 NKJV)   

    Shoes that remind us of all our blessings in Christ (Ephesians 1:3-14) and makes us ready and prepared for the occasion when someone asks about our hope? Well, those are without a doubt the best pair of shoes we could ever put on!!

    Are you wearing the shoes God has provided? Are you prepared to share the gospel of peace with others? Let’s remember to put these shoes on daily (along with the rest of God’s armour, Ephesians 6:10-18) as we continue to pursue peace each day!!

You can do it! So can I!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flourish in Giving God the Glory

     Consider clay for a moment. If the lump of clay was to say to the sculptor, “I can do this on my own; I don’t need you,” what is going...