Monday, July 18, 2022

Thankful For God's Faithfulness

    Have you considered God's faithfulness? Have you thanked Him for His constancy? Have you praised Him for being your Rock?

    GOD IS THE ONLY CONSTANT in this temporal life!

    I encourage you to read the whole of Psalm 139, but right now please consider these statements selected from that psalm:

    "O LORD, You have searched me and known me, You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off, You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.... Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?... Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well... How precious also are your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You...."

    God is ALWAYS. God is FOREVER ALWAYS.

  • Thank Him today for His faithfulness - it never fails! (Psalm 36:5-7)
  • Thank Him for the truth of His promises - they are real! (Psalm 18:30)
  • Thank Him for the readiness of His help - it is constant! (Hebrews 4:16, Acts 17:27)
  • Thank Him for being the only true source of help and encouragement - help and encouragement from an untainted source! The help you receive from the Lord is pure and holy! The guidance you receive from His word is pure and peaceable! (James 3:17

    With that in mind, please consider this:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)

  • 'Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart' - Trust Him! Do things His way and see how blessed your days become!!
  • 'Do not lean on your own understanding' - we only know part of the story, we don't have the complete understanding of all things as God does. Do not think that you know better than God - that is an impossibility! Simply understand that you don't know (and don't always need to know) the whole of any situation, but God does know the whole and he asks you to submit in trust to Him!
  • 'In all your ways, acknowledge God' - thank Him for His care, His help, your hope. Thank Him!! Acknowledge His provision - life, breath and all things! (Acts 17:25)
  • 'He will make your paths straight' - God's way is the best way. You have heard me say this time and time again, but it is true! When we envision the path to God there are many opportunities (provided by the world) to tempt us to step off the path, but when we truly acknowledge God as our Rock, our Provider, and our Salvation, the desire to step off the path is minimal to non-existent! (James 4:8)

Thank God today!! Thank Him for His constancy! Thank Him for His care! Thank Him for His instruction and guidance!

"It is good to give thanks to the LordAnd to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night..." (Psalm 92:1-2 NKJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flourish in Giving God the Glory

     Consider clay for a moment. If the lump of clay was to say to the sculptor, “I can do this on my own; I don’t need you,” what is going...