Monday, August 22, 2022

Gain Confidence Through Fearing the Lord

“In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge.” (Proverbs 14:26 NKJV)

    A little while ago, something came into my day “from outta left field” and although I received the information calmly and attentively, my mind was beginning to reel. After the conversation, as I got into my car I wanted nothing more in that moment than to get home as fast as possible and get to my bedroom where I could privately get down on my knees and pour out my heart to God. I knew without doubt that He could help me sort out what I was feeling and help calm my mind.

    In fearing the Lord, I have learned that His promises of help are real! I have gained strong confidence in His faithfulness and unending love for His children. God is my refuge, the One I run to in times of struggle and in times of joy. My first words of the morning, upon waking, are to Him as are the last words I speak before closing my eyes at night. I run to Him, asking Him to protect my husband and children from harm as they leave the house for the day and as each of them return in the evening I raise my voice to Him in praise and thanksgiving. I ask His care to be upon those who are unwell because I know His care can go to places I cannot; it can span the world, go into war-torn areas, into ICUs, and into the lives of those whose struggles are known only to Him.

    God, Himself, is the refuge of His children and it is only in fearing Him – submitting to Him and to His way in reverent awe and fear – that we can access His proffered refuge. God is not bound by time or fatigue so the refuge we find in Him is always available to us, no matter the time or quantity of times we seek it (consider 1 Samuel 1:12-18 and Hebrews 4:16)!

    Each time you take refuge in God your confidence in Him will grow and develop and your faith will be strengthened! God wants you to have strong confidence in Him and the only way you can construct that kind of confidence is by taking Him at His word (trust Him!), humble yourself, and obey His commands!

    Let God be your place of refuge! Pour out your heart’s joys and sorrows, your hopes and fears, and discover all the good things God provides to those who fear Him!!

You can do it! So can I!!

“In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” (Psalm 62:7-8 NKJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flourish in Giving God the Glory

     Consider clay for a moment. If the lump of clay was to say to the sculptor, “I can do this on my own; I don’t need you,” what is going...