Monday, April 3, 2023

Sing and Make Melody - I Will Wake The Dawn With Praises

We have so much to be thankful for, don't we! As soon as we wake up in the morning, we have already been showered with blessings: life, breath, a new day, eyesight, smell, taste, feelings, touch... innumerable blessings!!

The song I have selected for this week is "I Will Wake The Dawn With Praises" written by Sarah J Fuhrman in 2001.

Dawn and sunset, fierce and joyful,
Each reflects His mighty ways.
With the sea and sky before me,
I will give Him all my praise.

Chorus:
I will wake the dawn with praises!
I will speak His name abroad.
I will worship Him forever,
He my Lord, my only God.

Stars will joy in praises from me;
"Lesser light" will know my voice.
When I give my God His glory,
Night will hear me and rejoice.

Shout His glory, brothers, sisters;
Laud His name and do His will.
Like the sands upon the shoreline
Are the praises due Him still.

(Copyright 2001 Sarah J Fuhrman and Glenda B Schales)

    In the book of Psalms, David declared, "I will awaken the dawn. I will praise You, O LORD, among the peoples; I will sing to You among the nations. For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens, and Your truth unto the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth." (Psalm 57:8-11 and 108:1-5)

  • To meet each new day with a heart that is "steadfast" (Psalm 57:7 and 108:1), whose constancy is in its gratitude for the Lord. 
  • To approach each new day with ready thanksgiving for the blessings you have received upon waking, the blessings you have received that have brought you to this day, and the blessings you trust to receive as you go through your day because you wholly trust in God's promises for help, care, love, and provision. 
  • To want to wake even before the day has started to declare God's greatness, thank Him, and give Him the glory due His name 
    What a beautiful way to begin any day!!

    Pause and thank God each day for as many blessings as you can list. May you praise Him for His abiding love and glory and sing this song with love and understanding! 

You can do it! So can I!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flourish in Giving Thanks to God

     God, through the apostle Paul, tells us that we are to use our words for good, specifically for giving of thanks ( read and consider Ep...